Our Sunday gatherings are built around our core values of biblical preaching, intentional discipleship, and healthy families. Sunday mornings incorporate worship, community, encouragement, teaching and more.
- THE GOSPEL PROJECT | 9:15am & 11:00am | 66 books. Dozens of authors. A holy canon thousands of years in the making. Every word, every verse, bears His testimony. Of the Holy Messiah. Jesus Christ. Eternal King. Join in the Project as we turn to the Old Testament books through the kings and prophets of Israel. Class meets in AY126. Gospel Project Video
- HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE | 9:15 | A study exploring the history of the early church. The first part will focus on how we got the book we call The Holy Bible. Class meets in room AY128. Taught by Marty Sweeney, Dan Osborn and Bob McClain. SIGN UP HERE
- GET TO KNOW (GTK) | 9:15 | Sept 10, 17 & 24 | New to Old North? Get to Know is probably the next best step. If you want to ‘get to know’ what Old North is all about (our vision, values and our people) then this 3 week class is for you. Class meets in room AY127. Taught by Jason Crank & Ray Clark. SIGN UP HERE
- MEMBERSHIP MATTERS | 9:15 | Oct 1, 8 & 15 |Membership Matters is a three-week class for anyone considering membership at Old North. You will be introduced to our Membership Covenant, Church Constitution and Statement of Faith. This class will explore the nature of church and what it means to be a committed partner for the gospel in and through Old North Church. Class meets in AY127. Taught by Rick Enlow & Tom Gasce. SIGN UP HERE
- SIX STEPS TO LOVING YOUR CHURCH | 9:15AM | Begins June 25 | Some of us really love our churches, some of us aren’t so positive, and for many of us that feeling can change from week to week. This six-session program is about how to love your church whether you’re feeling enthusiastic about it or not. It’s about the mindset we take with us as we go to church each week, and how that mindset is expressed in a multitude of ways, big and small. In particular, it’s about the part that we all play as God’s people in loving, serving and building each other up, Sunday by Sunday. We all have a ministry—the ministry of the pew. Over the six sessions of the course you will cover subjects such as:
- your current attitudes towards church, and how they are expressed
- what the Bible says about the meaning and purpose of church
- what it means to love your church and the people who go there
- how all of us can be active encouraging servants before, during and after church, rather than just consumers or spectators.
Each session contains a mix of discussion, Bible study, video input and prayer, along with simple exercises to help you put the ideas into practice on Sunday. REGISTER HERE for SIX STEPS! Class meets in room AY127. Taught by Rick Enlow, Jason Crank, and Bob McClain.
- YOUNG ADULT CLASS | 11:00 | This class is for anyone 18-28 years old. Class meets in AY127. Teachers: Adam & Angela Grymberg
- VESPERS | 6:00pm | Join us each week for traditional worship songs, special music, and special speakers. All are invited to attend. Vespers meets in AY126.
WEDNESDAYS | 6:30-8:00pm
There many mid-week opportunities for growth toward Christian maturity at Old North.
- GROW | SMALL GROUPS | We will gather together in small groups from 6:30-7:55 here in the ONC building during the school year. We will listen to God in the Bible. We will talk with one another. We will pray that God will grow our love and understanding for His sake. To sign up, email Pastor Marty at email@example.com or REGISTER HERE!!
- PRAYER | PRAYER TEAM |Prayer is a default posture of the Christian. But it is so often hard to be committed in prayer. Join in with a group of people to help with that commitment. Pray for our world, our church and each other. This group meets in the Fireside Room each week. Contact Lou Magazzine at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SERVE | AWANA | Volunteer to be part of our Awana kids program. It takes about 100 volunteers to make this happen every week. Kids matter here at Old North Church! (Awana runs during the school year)
- WOMEN’S MINISTRY
- Bible studies | Women’s summer Bible studies. Child care is available at all studies.
- Good Food | Next Good Food event TBA
- MOPS | Starts up again on September 12th | 2nd Tuesday of the month from 9:30-11:30am and the 4th Tuesday of the month from 7:00-9:00pm | MOPS is an international organization for moms with children ages infant to kindergarten and expectant mothers too! We meet at Old North Church in the Great Room.
- Coordinator: Melissa Bomberger | email@example.com
- Visit our Facebook page for more info!
- MEN’S BIBLE STUDIES | The mission of men’s ministry at Old North Church is to connect with men where they are, encourage and teach each other in the ways of the Lord, so that we may be the husbands, fathers, and men God intended us to be. We have several opportunities for you to connect with other men seeking to pursue a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Fridays 6:00am at Peaberry’s in Canfield
- Saturdays 8:00am at McDonald’s in Canfield
- PRIMETIME | Adults 50+ | Events vary throughout the year and are to be announced.
- GOLDEN HEIRS | Third Tuesday of the month at 9:15am.
- AA | Every Tuesday 7:00pm in Room AY128.
- AUTISM SUPPORT GROUP | Second Tuesday of each month 6:30-8:30pm in the Fireside Room, light refreshment supplied. Visit their Facebook Group for more info!
- BLOOD DRIVES | 2:00-6:00pm Thursdays in Room AY128 (Dates vary) – Contact the church office for dates.
- CHOIR | Adult choir meets on Thursday evenings at 7pm in the Worship Center. All ages are welcome.
- FRIENDS OF OLD NORTH | Every Monday 10:00am-2:00pm in Room AY127, Join us to make cards (out of recycled cards) for shut-ins, those in need of prayer, etc.Bring your own lunch, Bring your own supplies but we have some to share.
- MEN’S BASKETBALL | Every Monday 7:00pm in the Family Life Center.
- PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY | Knit or crochet shawls to comfort those who are ill and need a warm thought. Call Ann Nittoli for details 330.792.2890.
- QUILTERS | Every Thursday 9:30am-2:00pm in Room AY127, Bring your own lunch, no childcare.